Roleplay Warehouse

Hello and welcome to the Roleplay Warehouse! Please register to participate. It is highly recommended that participants are on daily, know proper grammar and spacing, and are proficient writers before joining. Zero tolerance for drama, and Admins can and will delete without warning if they suspect you are a problem.

Roleplay Warehouse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the most Elite of writers and story-writers.

4 posters

Game of Thrones

RA
    RA
    Site Moderator
    Site Moderator

Game of Thrones Empty Game of Thrones

Post by RA Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:11 pm

The world was far from peaceful. Wars raged over the lands, kingdoms fighting over kingdoms. The roads were dangerous, raiders and rebels walked the roads ready to kill, pillage and maybe even rape whoever wandered around, or simply traveled from destination to destination. Kings and queens stayed in their castles, guarded by their armies and most trusted men. Everyone did their work, hoping to make it to the next day alive.

Kingdoms big and small scattered the land, some aligned with other kingdoms to be bigger, stronger. Others simply waged war to fight and kill, to become a better kingdom by enslaving. All in all, they were all waring to make their kingdoms better than the way they were before.

The kingdom of Kisai, was no different. They had some alliances with other kingdoms, to be safer, ready for near anything that came to them. The kingdom was known for it's golds and reds. The entire kingdom was gold wrapped in fire, this was due to the king and queen. The King being a man of all gold, he was the wealthiest man in the land, in all lands, and his entire kingdom showed that. He gave his wealth to the people and everyone lived happily. His wife, the queen was a women of fire, always wearing reds, a kind and gentle heart of her, she spent her days working for the kingdom, trying to make everything easier and better.

This was the kingdom of Kisai. One of the largest kingdoms in the land.
    Lurker Sebastian
    Lurker Sebastian
    Site Moderator
    Site Moderator

Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones

Post by Lurker Sebastian Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:17 pm

The inner city streets were bustling that day, managing to keep ones footing on the grey limestone footpaths that kept one out of the gutters was troublesome work. Many barefooted children ran between the legs of pedestrians, splashing grey white robes with the rank fluids that ran down the streets. Not that anyone actually seemed to truly care, there were no proper sewer systems other than the ditches dug by the wheels of farmers carts come to sell their ware in the busy market place.

Winerow was a city of farmers and merchants. Crowded it was, by those who wished to make their way up the social standards of the kingdom. Any person in their right mind who knew better would of stayed in their farm houses where they would be insured a job. Then again even the sensible who knew their farm houses would be a better place to be still came, here they could sell their wares to the masses, here they could obtain any food they needed give the coin, here they could pay others to wash their robes for them and more importantly, here you could get a whore. For a kingdom ruled over by one with the name ‘Pegasus’ it was certainly not a place for the pure.

One of the more un-pure people in the market today was a dark haired boy with eyes that matched. A scarf over his head to cover from the sun he still stood out among the others. Most from Winerow shared light coloured hair, only darkened by a lack of bathing. But this boy his was black like a ravens and had he not been covering himself he would of stood out like a sore thumb. Not like that was a bad thing, skipping from stone to stone across the roads avoiding wet feet this was a whore people would see. And if you were a whore that stood out that meant you could earn more money and more money is always good. Enough money can buy a roof over one’s head, even more and you can buy lands. Enough lands and you can earn more money that can earn you a title.

This the whore knew… yet he did not aim to buy lands. If he was going to have lands they were going to be given them, yes, that certainly had a nice appeal to it. Build honour before building money, that was his aims. The stalls he passed held out wares attempting to entice passers to buy, the smell of food was stronger than the smell of the sewage running in the cart tracks. That was nice.

Throughout Winerow it was possible to find small markets, normally just a community coming together to trade food but the closer you got to the centre and the grand castle where the purple banners flew the move condensed the stalls became. That was until one was to reach the outer castles walls; beyond that the only things you could buy was information.

The hour slipped between a couple of stalls into a the open door of a Insula. At least it could be compared to a Roman Insula, a square building that took up a block, this one was rather nice unlike others on the outskirts of the main city. It’s centre was not a cesspit for these people were living close enough to the bath & toilet houses not to have to dump their shit out the window. Three stories high whole families lived in the tiny blocks, some of the bottom level had doors facing outwards so they might set up a shop. Anyhow, these places could be rented at too Mr. Whore’s knowledge there were a couple available for a while. At ten gold a week though he only planned to stay at most a month. Then he would be moving on to the castle, sure they most likely wouldn’t let him past the gate but he knew how to sneak. The castle had plumbing unlike the rest of the city, he could simply sneak in through the sewer and in through the toilet.

Pretty shitty way to enter a building but whatever is easiest.

Children lunged at each other with sticks in the central courtyard paying him no mind as he lowered his hood and climbed the ladder to the second floor. Another nice thing about this certain building, it was made of bricks and mortar. Sure it was a bit cold but at least he wasn’t going to have to worry about the place burning down around him. He’d been told where the rent collector resided so went straight to their apartment. Knocked on the wooden door and waited. For all he knew they could be out at the bathhouses this time of day.

Turning his side to the door the whores dark hair brushed against his face as he turned to stare into the courtyard. The balcony he walked on was wood unlike the main walls, that did bother him a bit… but who was going to light a fire outside their apartment, that would be silly. At least in here though he was away from the heat and sewage, the end up of robes were damp at the end and he so dearly didn’t wish to have them get any worse. He had to be presentable if he ever was to make his way into the castle. No noble is going to speak to some gutter filth.

The door creaked open on its metal hinges, an older woman dressed in a thick woollen dress peeked around it. Her face wore as many wrinkles as her oversized dress. The whore gave a warm smile pushing dark hair back over his shoulder. She looked him over, Winerow was used to foreigners yet wasn’t exactly too welcoming of those who looked different. ”Here for a room I assume?” she asked in a sandpaper voice. The whore nodded taking a purse from his cloak and placed it in the woman’s outstretched hand. ”It would be good to have a name as well, and how long you plan to stay if you don’t mind.” the woman asked tipping the coins into her hand to count.

With a polite bow the whore answered her questions, ”Sebastian Stiller. From the outer regions madamn. his sharp toothed grin and soothing words reminded her of the stories she told her children, it made the woman uncomfortable yet she refused to show it. Simply snorted and placed the cash inside, ”Well I’ll bring the contract. I’ll give you room three C. Can you read and write or will I have to read the contract out for you? Hmm? Also if you cannot sign your name a simple kissed X will have to suffice.” opening the door she allowed the man to step over the doorway and wait for her to return with the papers. She was not surprised that a lowborn bastard couldn’t read when he responded to her with only a nod and let her read the papers to him. He was not at all awkward with the quill however and signed the paper without a mess unlike some others she had received. She then pointed him in the direction of his new room. With another quick bow he thanked her, handed over a section of bread to solidify his thanks before vanishing without another word.

The room was empty when he entered it, stone walls, wooden floors, a single window closed with wooden shutters on the outside, and a roof he could touch hand he lifted a hand no more than half a foot above his head. In fact the only items that appeared to remain from whomever the last tenant was were the metal candle holder fixed to the wall and the metal bar fixed above the window where a sheet of material could be hung to keep out the cold during the night. It was small, but it would do fine. Bag left in a corner he pulled off his scarf, moved to the window and pushed it open. The smell of the shop below him brought up with it the smell of spiced stew, much more pleasant than his last quarters, that was for certain. He hung his scarf on the railing before returning to his bag to pull out his sheepskin sleeping mat, he lay it out in the corner, pulled off his robes and sat on it with the knowledge it was cleaner than what he’d been travelling in. He’d go to the bath houses soon, the thought of warm water was more that slightly appealing for him.

Tucking hair behind his ear he could feel how oily it was becoming, disgusting. Not as bad as some others living in the others in this city and not that noticeable but he could tell so it was going to bother him no matter how minor a problem it was. Pulling his less formal tunic out of the bag he pulled it over his head. It would be easier to change out of when he went to the baths plus it would show to others the fact he was carrying no money with him. On that note he was going to have to lock the door somehow. Pulling a broken l blade from his bag he wedged in into the handle, yes, that would work.

Unloading most of his processions he hid what coin he had under the pile blankets he called a bed and slipped from the building.
    Half-Breed Matthew
    Half-Breed Matthew
    The New Kid
    The New Kid

Post by Half-Breed Matthew Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:18 pm

”My Grace… are you sure? You’re not even holding court today so why this?”

Standing in the well-lit dressing room the Hand of the King of Winerow watched as his King twisted in front of the mirror admiring their own reflection. The bright purple waistcoat he was wearing was done with gold buttons, reflecting the light of the sun coming through the windows. At the end of his selves expensive lace brushed against the mans powdered hands causing the occasional small shower of loose powder to adorn the air around him as he moved. King Maximillion was always one for outfits of frills and colour, he would even spend his own money to make sure his closer servants where dressed in a colour that he thought suited them best.

Behind the King a server boy adjusted the white lace shirt tail that was meant to poke out just from under the Kings coat. Until the king batted him away with the back of a hand, ”Now, now Matty-boy there is never not a time to be dressed ones best.” coo’d the man summoning a glass of wine to his hand with a flick of his hand. In the Kings view the room was empty, yet at least five servants other than his Hand were tending to him, running around ready to attend to whatever his next request would be.

”Yes… I know you’ve told me but you do also know you’ve spent three hours getting dressed today. Plus you have suitors lined up for you. Many lords wish to marry their daughters to you and you still need an heir.” The Hand immediately regretted bringing this too attention, the king was off again about how he had no interest in any of the woman no matter how old he got or how much he needed a heir ’Matthew, darling, I know you can organize a replacement for me when I did. Actually being the Hand you would take the throne, is that not what you want.’. No, it wasn’t what the poor boy wanted. He just wanted to leave the stinking city to return to the fresh air of his families vineyards. The blond fiddled with the loose top button of his blue coat. The badge of his office was pinned to the high neck of the coat, he could feel it whenever he lowered his head in a nod. Always nods, no use arguing with a stubborn mad man.

As King Pegasus declared his outfit complete he waved away his servants and walked to his Hands side, a grand smile on his powdered face. The scent of perfume wafted from the man giving to him all the more an air of luxury. This was a man who barely ever left the grounds of their own castle unless he was carried on a litter. This was a man who since birth had always had everything brought to them, every will of theirs had been met by his royal parents who had spoiled them rotten.  Well, at least Maximillion was not a cruel King unlike some. In fact despite being a rather self-absorbed man the pompous fool often took pity on those lesser than him.

Pegasus tucked a hand under his accompanying companion and began walked down the hall, ”Though if you insist of it so, I will open court. Just to get these bothersome Lords out of my castle. Then we can have some fun can’t we. I want to watch you practice your horse riding. OOOooo~ Won’t that be delightful, you can put on a little show for me. You can show those lesser knight what you’ve learnt from me.”

The poor Hand, simply rolling his eyes he allowed himself to be led down the hall by the arm. Those they passed whether Lord, Lady or Servant gave a quick bow or curtsy accompanied with the whisper of ‘Your Grace’ as Maximillion passed. Matt was tired of it. Two years now he’d served in the castle as ‘The Hand’, though it was very little that he managed to carry out any of the duties of that title. His King Pegasus did not like to listen to his council and he acted more like a glorified whore than anything else. Yet at the same time the rest of the King of Winerows council respected the poor boy and treated him better than they did the King himself. Maximillion didn’t attend meetings all that often leaving Matthew in charge, so, Matthew was the one who conversed with the maesters and masters of coin. He was the one who listened to the movements of other kingdoms forces, he was the one who listened to the state of trade routes, he was the one who signed the kings documents for him and the list would go on. Hell, at the rate things were going very soon Matt felt like he was going to be the one having to get married on the behalf of the King who was refusing. Yet, even if he did all of this, the commoners did not see him as any more than a boy given office because he was pretty. Matt didn’t hold it against them.

Their steps echoed as they descended the stone steps to the lower floor and made their way into the main foyer, as always tables of food were lain out for those visiting the castle. Matt slipped his arm away from the king gesturing to them with a sweep of a hand and blank look that they should go take a seat on their throne. Maximillion had replaced the old one, it had once been a wooden thing painted white with purple cloth trim but now it was more like a fancy couch. It was large enough to sit three people if they been willing to sit arses touching, with golden metal trim and dark purple velvet it certainly looked regal at least. Then again the piles of cushions around it removed from that a bit and made it look like a play house. Maximillion of course thought it was simply fabulous so no one could change his opinion on that.

Lords in the room raised their glasses to the King who loudly greeted them, despite at this point not wanting to even look at them honestly, ”Why hello my Lords and Ladies, it is I, your King, Maximillion J. Crawford Pegasus, Last of my name as has been brought to my attention. May I welcome to my ~wonderful~ abode. I do hope my servants have been attending to all your whims while I have been busy! Please, please enjoy the food by darlings! If you are here on the matter of courting I do believe on should address my hand. Leave with him your written offers on the matter. May I welcome you warmly to my home. Please, eat, there is plenty to go around.”

As faces turned to stare at him Matt held back a groan of annoyance and simply took a deep breath before putting a smile on his face. Just as he had to do whenever Pegasus ordered anything of him, just look happy so he doesn’t start questioning what’s wrong. Don’t want that incident with the whores to happen again… Walking up to the table in front of the throne he took a seat, and gestured that those visiting may approach.

Today was going to be another long and tedious day. He could already hear Maximillion asking for more wine…
    Melvin Louie-Leon
    Melvin Louie-Leon
    The Tyrant King
    The Tyrant King

Post by Melvin Louie-Leon Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Over in the Kingdom of Defiance, Melvin was having a rather outlandish time celebrating...

Celebrating what might you ask? Oh nothing, just the capture of some raiders.

"Sire, the beheading will now commence." Shadow would say, one of the King's best Generals, and one of the highly respected few among the top of the Kingdom.

There sat a King, atop a stone and onyx throne of Hellish abode. With his messy black and blue hair, and his Crown slightly tilted to the left, it was well-known that this particular man, sanctioned public killings of definitive kinds in nature. Right now, the Kingdom was placed behind thick walls, and all had gathered at the center of the Kingdom, where gallows and other torture devices had been placed. Surrounding such was the marketplace, where all the Merchants now stood in complete silence with the rest of the Kingdom. There, at the center-most of everything, was the King's Right Hand Official, a true snake of a man, with bloody-red eyes. This man was rumored to be worse than the King, and by worse - we mean he enjoyed his job a bit too much.

Behind the gallows, and open for all to see, was the King. He had a throne placed out in the open just to watch this, though it not as great as the one sitting inside his Castle. With a pair of bright blue eyes, and a wicked smirk, the King watched things begin, all the while his Queen - wore a facade of distaste towards such events.

"I don't take pleasure in observation, of any of this." She would said with a frozen tone. "However, it must occur, so that people stop attempting to bolster their way into my city walls."

The King snickered, and waved his hand, indicating to his high-strung companion, that it was time to begin. The male with long navy-colored hair, and bright red eyes would only grin, as he then brandished a long-sword, and placed it at the shoulder of one of the men, kneeling in shackles before him. Others lowered their gazes, an acceptation of their fate visible for all to see.

"These men and woman are to be beheaded as punishment for breaking our Kingdom's Laws." Shadow was heard loudly reading the information on a piece of scroll moments later. "They were caught stealing from our Merchants, and moving through our lands illegally. As everyone is aware, you must be one of the Kingdom, to enter these walls. They have impersonated guards to get inside, and have killed no more than ten of our Standing Watch. This is seen as an attack on the Kingdom, and will not be tolerated."

Salvation grinned, and looked down at the man he was about to kill. "Look me in the eyes you dirty, old filth." He would say, grabbing the older male's face, and forcing him to look into his reddened eyes. "I'm going to enjoy listening to the thump when your head falls to the dirty. Be honored you died by my hands, lest you wish an ill travel into Hell."

"Let the Killings begin." The King would say, folding his hands in his lap, and watching on.

Another observer sat on the left side of the King, a small lad in his lap. This one was one of silvery hair, a soft fixture, and a rare pale coloring to his skin. Known to the Kingdom for being a hermaphrodite, this boy sat rather still, and watched on as his brother began to slice through the people who had dared to crawl onto their territory. With each sweep he winced, his brother's cruelness causing his heart to skip beats with every blow. In his arms, their son, sat back and kicked his feet. Most children were far too young to understand what was happening, but Christopher's boy Ayase, knew all too well, what his fathering parent was doing.

"Why can't we just kick them out, and send them away?" The boy would ask, as innocently as the Angel in which he sat upon appeared.

Looking fourth and watching Salvation slide his blade through a female's neck, the Queen replied with a flat tone, that forced the King's eyes to move slightly towards her, yet he did not turn his head.

"That isn't how this Kingdom works Ayase." She would say. The sapphire-haired female would turn to the Angelic boy, and look over to him with the bluest eyes since the skies themselves. "Christopher, my love, are you okay?" She would ask gently. Her love for that one of Melvin's Mates, knew no bounds. She made it her own personal task to protect him, though Shadow had that job officially in title since it wasn't a woman's job, let alone a Queen's.

"I am fine my Queen, you need not worry." The boy with the white hair would whisper. He nodded in a sense of bowing, and then Queen surely told him he had no reason to do so.

Shadow stood there all dressed-up and clad in their black armor with tons of red banners hanging from him. He rolled up the scroll then snapped his fingers, the moment Salvation turned his back to the corpses without heads.

"And so concludes Punishment for today, you may all return to your houses. Guards, come and take the remains. Burn them immediately." He would say, before turning to follow his Higher Ranking Official.

The King and his family members, would return to the Castle for their evening affairs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:29 pm